Once you know how to wire and tape properly, all your Rikka designs, both Shofutai and Shimputai, will be enhanced. We will begin this lesson by working together on how to wire materials for Rikka. Then we will set you free to create your own Rikka Shimputai.
- Type A container with an opening large enough for a 3″ diameter kenzan or larger. Kenzan with an ashi (stem) is preferred. A more modern looking container is suitable. Please no bronzes. If you purchased the special new black Rikka container, feel free to bring it to this lesson.
- Pebbles to raise your kenzan to within 1/2 inch of the top edge of your container. Pebbles must be no larger than your little finger nail.
- Bring a variety of line material of your own choosing. Please bring enough to share with others.
- Bring your wire and tape; wire and tape will also be available for sale at the lesson. Wire cutters, pliers or pinchers are essential equipment needed for this lesson.
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class
- All floral material will be provided.
- Any Rikka Shimputai books or notes you might have
- About the basic yakueda of a Rikka Shofutai in your new Rikka Curriculum book or any Invitation to Ikenobo books, especially Beginning Rikka and Rikka I.
We arrive at 9AM and set up for class and make any necessary ginza purchases. The lesson begins at 9:30 and you are generally on your way home by 2PM and you have probably enjoyed your own bag lunch with us!