Sensei Marcia Norberg will lead you in the creation of three Free Style designs, one being a miniature.
Here are examples of horizontal Free Style designs:
- For the Shoka, bring a Type A or B container with opening large enough to take a 3″ diameter kenzan. Traditional bronze containers are suitable for the Isshuike or Nishuike arrangements.
- Bring the black and white Ikenobo Free Style container or any other Free Style container of your choice with the appropriate kenzans or mechanics.
- Pebbles to raise your kenzan to within 1/2 inch of the top edge of your container for the Shoka design. Pebbles must be no larger than your little finger nail. We will have pebbles available for sale at all Level I lessons for $5.
- All floral material will be provided.
- Please bring line material for the Free Style design.
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class
- Invitation to Ikenobo – Shoka Shofutai I -page 28
- Joy of Ikebana Ikenobo – Shoka section
We arrive at 9AM and set up for class and make any necessary ginza purchases. The lesson begins at 9:30 and you are generally on your way home by 2PM and you have probably enjoyed your own bag lunch with us!