Depending on the availability of materials we will create one of the following Rikka Shofutai designs:
- Rikka Shoftai using cascading materials or
- Rikka Shofutai with Shin of Lilies
- Type A container with opening large enough for a 3″ diameter kenzan or larger. Kenzan with an ashi (stem) is preferred. You may also bring the new black Rikka container especially designed for Rikka Shofutai arrangements.
- Pebbles to raise your kenzan to within 1/2 inch of the top edge of your container. Pebbles must be no larger than your little finger nail.
- Wire, tape, wire cutters, pliers, pinchers etc. are required equipment for this class. Wire and tape will also be available for sale at the lesson.
- All floral material will be provided.
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class
Special note for those new to Rikka:
It would be helpful if you study and became familiar with the nine basic yakueda (main lines or positions) of Rikka and their sashiguchi (placement in the kenzan) and de’s (bending point). Most of this information is available in Invitation to Ikenobo Beginning Rikka and/or Rikka I books or the new Rikka Curriculum book on pages 10-13.
We arrive at 9AM and set up for class and make any necessary ginza purchases. The lesson begins at 9:30 and you are generally on your way home by 2PM and have probably enjoyed your own bag lunch with us!