We are lucky to have a visiting professor from Japan this season. This one will be a one day workshop on Wednesday, March 21.
Originally we were planning a Rikka Shimputai design, however, we voted to try the new Shoka Curriculum and we will be creating one Nishuike (2 material) shoka.
- Type A container. A more modern container is preferred; but a traditional conical shoka container is always appropriate. Bronze containers are not suitable for this Ikenobo style.
- Pebbles to raise your kenzan to within 1/2 inch of the top edge of your container. Pebbles must be no larger than your little finger nail. We will have pebbles available for sale $5.
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class.
- All floral material will be provided.
- Please review Workshop Etiquette in advance.