We are lucky to have a visiting professor from Japan this season. This one will be a one day workshop on Wednesday, March 21. Once we know which professor will be coming to our chapter, we will put his or her bio on this page.
We will be creating a Rikka Shimputai arrangement. This is one arrangement that will take most of the day to complete and you will receive two credits for this design. Below are some Rikka Shimputai’s from other workshops.
- Type A container. A more modern container is preferred; but a traditional conical shoka container is always appropriate for a Rikka Shimputai. Bronze containers are not suitable for this Ikenobo style.
- Pebbles to raise your kenzan to within 1/2 inch of the top edge of your container. Pebbles must be no larger than your little finger nail. We will have pebbles available for sale $5.
- Wire, pliers, wire cutters, and floral tape are essential for this class. We will have a supply of wire and tape available for sale prior to the beginning of the workshop.
- Bring a variety of line material of your own choosing. Please bring enough to share with others.
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class.
- All floral material will be provided.
- Please review Workshop Etiquette in advance.