We are bringing back our popular “value” free style lesson. Instead of making two arrangements for two lesson credits – you will be able to create up to three free style arrangements for three credits total.
One design will be a miniature which has the special rule of needing to fit within 1/2 of an 8.5″x11″ piece of paper folded either vertically or horizontally.
Here are some miniature designs by Ikenobo students – note the different types of containers for these little beauties. Or go to this website to view more miniatures from the Ikebana International Naples exhibit.
When selecting your container(s) for the other two free style designs, you may bring your black and white container, or bring something altogether different. Here are examples of how the students have incorporated the container into the design as well as advancing from the “learning black and white container” to their own unique free style container.
A variety of free style containers as described below:
- For the miniature bring any small vase that is not clear glass. Bring the proper kenzan, oasis or mechanics for your selection. Remember that the design must fit either horizontally or vertically inside a folded 8.5″x11″ of paper.
- The black and white free style container or other free style container of your choice.
- Any other free style vase (s) and mechanics of your choosing. See Type E or F containers.
- Finally, bring a selection of line material of your own choosing. A selection of flowers will be provided.
- An Introductory Free Style Curriculum
- Joy of Ikebana Ikenobo – pages 2-34
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class
We arrive at 9:30AM and set up for class. Unfortunately, there will be no ginza available at this lesson. The lesson begins at 9:45AM and you are generally on your way home by 2PM and have probably enjoyed your own bag lunch with us!