As a reminder, our lessons will be on Zoom this year.
The table below outlines the dates of our lessons for the season beginning Oct. 2020 through July 2020. All class registrations will be done via Zoom. Click here for a printable summary of all 2020-21 lessons! (TBA)
|Level I Lessons||Level II Lessons|
Sanshuike & Shimputai Shokas using same materials
Gedan Ozukai Rikka
|Nov. 8 Fall Coffee
Michelle Heuschen's home
|Nov. 20 - $20|
Bring your own flowers
|Nov. 6 - Tatehana with Stephanie|
|No Level I - Ikebana members may attend|
Dec 4 Ikebana meeting and member only tea on Dec. 11
|No Level II in December|
|Jan. 15 - Rikka Shofutai using all grass materials||Jan. 29
Rikka with glads
|Friday, Jan. 24 - Certificate Luncheon
Free to all who register for 3+ lessons before Oct. 1, 2019
|Feb. 26 - |
Jodan, Chudan, Gedan
Isshuike or Nishuike Shoka
|No Level II Lesson
Ikenobo World Tour
2/17-2/20 plus travel
Chudan Nagashi Rikka
Free Style using unconventional containers
|No Level II this month|
How our Zoom lessons will be conducted (limit to 15 people per Zoom session)
- You will receive a Zoom registration invitation for each meeting. You must register each time.
- You will receive a confirmation registration email with Zoom links
- The day before the lesson you will receive a reminder confirmation email with the Zoom links.
- Arrive in the Zoom lesson before 9:30.
- You will see a presentation about the lesson
- This will be followed by a demonstration of the lesson arrangement on video.
- You will then be given a “homework” class assignment with a due date for the picture of your arrangement to be submitted in about 7-10 days.
- The next lesson will be a group review of all the submitted lessons with a critique
- This will be followed by another lesson presentation about the next lesson and a demonstration video.
- All Zoom lessons will require prior registration.
- We will be charging $20 per lesson and payment must be made electronically (PayPal, Zelle, Venmo), no cash or checks, please!
- This process should last about 90 minutes each time or less.