We are starting the season with an emphasis on Shoka Shofutai
- The first arrangement will be an Isshuike of Aspidistra leaves created step by step
- The 2nd arrangement will be another isshuike shoka using floral material.
- Type A container with an opening large enough for a 3″ diameter kenzan or larger. Bronzes suitable but be sure you have a large enough opening for a 3″ or larger kenzan.
- We are creating two designs. Consider bringing two different containers or at least a 2nd kenzan for your 2nd design.
- Pebbles to raise your kenzan to within 1/2 inch of the top edge of your container. Pebbles must be no larger than your little finger nail.
- Flowers and line material will be provided.
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class.
- Your lunch or a snack.
- Invitation to Ikenobo Shoka Shofutai I pages 1-11
- More to Learn Shoka pages 10-13
- Joy of Ikebana Ikenobo pages 36-39
We arrive at 11:15 AM, set up for class and make any necessary ginza purchases. The lesson begins at 11: 30 AM and you are generally on your way home by 3PM. Bring a lunch or snack to enjoy.
There will be a definitive break between the 1st and 2nd arrangements at about 1PM to allow everyone the opportunity to watch the critiques of all the arrangements and everyone the chance to have a snack break.
Please do not take your arrangement apart until all arrangements have been critiqued. If you need to leave before all arrangements have been critiqued, you will not get credit for the lesson. Plan your time accordingly.