In this lesson we will make two Shoka Shofutai Betsuden designs, a Mae Zoe and a Hidari Tai.
For your designs to be successful, you must fully understand the following:
- Positions, relative length and proportions of Shin, Soe and Tai in an Isshuike or Nishuike Shoka Shofutai.
- Difference between hongatte and gyakugatte designs
- In and Yo in a Shoka Shofutai Issuike and Nishuike.
Your choice of small flowers for tai area in each of two designs. Please bring 5+ stems for each design. Two different types of line material will be provided.
- Invitation to Ikenobo Shoka Shofutai II – page 35
- More to Learn Shoka – pages 102 and 108
We arrive at 11:15 AM, set up for class and make any necessary ginza purchases. The lesson begins at 11: 30 AM and you are generally on your way home by about 3PM. Bring a lunch or snack to enjoy.
There will be a definitive break between the 1st and 2nd arrangements at about 1PM to allow everyone the opportunity to watch the critiques of all the arrangements and everyone the chance to have a snack break.
Please do not take your arrangement apart until all arrangements have been critiqued. If you need to leave before all arrangements have been critiqued, you will not get credit for the lesson. Plan your time accordingly.