You asked for this one! You will make two Free Style designs, but you are bringing all of your own flower and line material.
Hints for selecting your line and flower material:
- Think about what you want to create and the vases you will be using.
- Are you going to be making a slanting, horizontal or upright design?
- Think about the combination of lines, dots, surface and mass (usually 2-3 are used in a design)
- You want a focal point
- Bring choices and be sure to think about color combinations.
- One or two different free style containers or your black and white container and one other one might be a nice combination.
- Any other free style vase (s) and mechanics of your choosing. See Type E or F containers.
- An Introductory Free Style Curriculum
- Joy of Ikebana Ikenobo – pages 2-34
- Check the Resources page of this website for a list of what to bring to class
We arrive at 9:30AM and set up for class. Unfortunately, there will be no ginza available at this lesson. The lesson begins at 9:45AM and you are generally on your way home by 2PM and have probably enjoyed your own bag lunch with us!