Please consider joining our chapter. We meet about twice a month for lessons and we also have two social events a year, a fall coffee and our annual certificate luncheon. We are confident that you will enjoy taking lessons with us so much that you are welcome to sign up for any of our classes (when the form comes up, you may have to click on it to see and print an larger image) before becoming a member of our chapter. After your give us a try, we figure you are hooked and will want to join our chapter.
Just a note that in the fall of 2020 we will not have our normal Fall Coffee and in January 2021 there will not be a certificate luncheon. We look forward to having these events return in the 2021-22 season. Also all of our lessons for the 2020-21 season are most likely going to be on Zoom.
Currently membership dues are $35 for a regular member, $55 for teachers and we also have a membership classification for certificate level above #9, Special Members, for $105. We will send you a notice in January and dues are payable by the end of January of every year. It is possible that headquarters will raise the price of dues for 2021. We add about $5 to the dues for chapter expenses.
Your membership entitles you to:
- Attend any and all of our Level I and Level II lessons given by extremely qualified Ikenobo teachers (sensei)
- A copy of the Ikenobo magazine Hana no Arakaruto
- Ability to attend visiting professor workshops throughout the U.S.
- Invitations to our annual fall coffee and certificate luncheon.
- Access to Kado lessons (4 advance lessons per month written by Japanese professors on Rikka Shofutai or Shimputai, Shoka Shofutai or Shimputai and Free Style.
Contact any board member or our president, Stephanie English for how you can join.